There are no footprints too small that cannot leave a big imprint on your heart.
I think of our daughter Kylie often.
- I hear of a pregnant woman nearing her 22nd week of pregnancy.
- I hear the song, “Something Beautiful” by Newboys.
- I see a 3 year old running around.
- I see two sisters laughing about.
- Another child has the same name.
- I see the age difference between my kids and feel like someone is missing.
- I hear of someone else that has experienced the death of a child.
But today, I was reminded of Kylie by a can of Spaghettio’s. Yup, you read that correctly; Princess Spaghettio’s.
As I pulled out a can of Spaghettio’s to see if my daughter wanted to eat it for lunch, my eyes skimmed across the bottom, where I noticed, “15 oz”. What I held in my hand was the exact same weight as my daughter Kylie was when she was born.
A bittersweet mix of emotions ran through my mind, as my heart sighed.
Some day baby girl… some day!
That’s the beauty of having a relationship with Jesus Christ!
Read Kylie’s story here: Choosing Heaven.